Lorene delighted me with the honour of nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I thank her so much and I hope my blog gives people a ray of light.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Here are my answers to Lorene’s questions:
1. What is the best thing that happened to you in 2020?
Definitely re-homing two guinea pigs who were neglected and unwanted. We loved them so much and had looked after them for a few weeks for three years while the owners were on holiday. They’re now living in a larger enclosure with other piggies. My heart aches but they deserve a good life.
2. Which is the emotion you predominantly feel and why?
Good question! I literally feel emotions due to my BPD and although I’m generally like a carefree child, I do notice prominent rage. I think that’s due to my inability and consequent frustration to save the world and myself.
3. What has blogging taught you until now?
It was suggested by my psychological team to take up writing for therapeutic benefits. It certainly has and I love it. I’ve learned to be patient with myself and certainly not to delete the site like I have with other apps and restarted them! Recognition is very slow and that’s okay, it doesn’t mean you’re a failure. So all in all a great pastime that hopefully connects with people who feel they are alone psychologically.
4. If you knew for sure you will succeed with something, what would you start and why?
In an ideal world where I’m physically and mentally healthy I’d run my own chain of competitive funeral directors. A field that I’m comfortable in and guaranteed successful business.
5. What is your biggest regret and what have you learned from it?
Allowing myself to be naive and gullible with people so much so that the consequences were appalling. I have since, with support, rebuilt myself to a state of recovery and reawakening. Keeping myself safe is crucial for my mental health and so, I feel stronger than I’ve ever been.
6. If you had unlimited powers and resources for one day, what would you do with them?
A cliche but I’d heal everyone who is unwell, no matter who they were, and the resources would obviously be finances so I’d improve everybody’s housing situation, cars… Goodness, essentially everything they need at the basic level. I’d love that.
7. If you had to describe yourself in a short sentence, what would that sentence be?
High on caffeine childlike video game and film addict who doesn’t think before speaking.
8. What is your favourite quote?
I love something actress Lauren Bacall said which was: I think your whole life shows on your face and you should be proud of that. People can sadly be way too vain and not appreciative of their natural beauty.
9. If you could be someone else, who would you choose to be and why?
The Sharon I was before my health snowballed into being so poor, I lost my career goals and independence. Sounds horribly egocentric but I’d give anything to be of use to life. Or I’d love to be the singer Aldous Harding, I love her Kate Bush inspired music, her endearing humility and uniqueness.
10. What is the stupidest most expensive thing you ever bought?
As far as “stupid” goes I guess either my £400 old Kenzo coat as no-one else knew it was going premium product or my current Thomas Sabo charm bracelet for the same reason.
11. If you could learn anything (something you don’t already know), what would you learn and why?
I’d love to have a pilot’s licence. My parents treated me to a flying lesson for my 16th birthday at Edinburgh Airport back when I lived with Scotland. It was amazing fun especially when the pilot let me take the control wheel (aka yoke) and had a cheeky go over Arthur’s Seat, a defunct volcanic landmark in Edinburgh. Why, because the sense of achievement and freedom would be incredible!! I’m still annoyed at losing the certificate I was given.
1. Ashley from Mental Health @ Home
2. Zoe from Zoewiezoe
3. Richard from Rivers Of Grue
4. fauxcroft from fauxcroft
5. Nick from My Black And White World
6. Little Charmer from Ramblings Of A Fragile Mind
7. my2ndheartbeat from My2ndHeartBeat
8. Be Inspired…!! from empress2inspire
9. Devi Knapp from Yet Another Hot Mess
10. John from johncoyote
11. Kath from It’s Ok Not To Be Ok
My questions for my nominees
1. How do you deal with writer’s block and what tips can you share with others?
2. Which adventure of a lifetime would you love to go on?
3. What is your most important life lesson learned?
4. Which film have you watched the most and why?
5. If you were to set up an animal rescue service, which animal would you love to specialise in?
6. Describe yourself in no more than one sentence.
7.What genre of music uplifts you the most?
8. What quote from another source best sums you up?
9. Do you prefer urban living or the great outdoors?
10. What’s the weirdest experience you’ve ever had?
11. Share a positive thought that keeps you going.
Thank you and you’re free to contact me HERE anytime and also via the Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest links.
© Copyright: Sharon Lawson™